As you may know, ColdFusion includes and embeds many libraries which help provide much of its functionality. Sometimes, people wonder what are the version numbers of those libraries, like jQuery, Solr, ehCache, and so on.
And with each release I try to document these, first in my “Hidden Gems” talk on the new release (such as the one I did for CF2021 at the Nov 2020 online CF Summit). Then I generally create a blog post sharing the same information, to save people having to know about/dig through the presentation slides. I did just such a post on the CF2021 libraries yesterday on my blog, with a lot more details on this topic.
In this briefer post here on the CF portal, I just want to list the libraries and their version numbers, so that this might be more readily found by those seeking that info.
As for how I find these versions numbers, why the issue of the library versions is important to some folks, and addressing common concerns others may raise about the sometimes-dated nature of the libraries, again see the blog post on my own site for more detail.
- Antisamy 1.5.7 (OWASP security library)
- Axis 2 1.7.0 (web services library, and note that’s “Axis 2” v 1.7.0, not just “Axis”)
- Derby 10.15 (embedded DB )
- Ehcache 2.10.3 (caching library)
- Elasticache 5.6.16 (In PMT)
- Esapi 22.214.171.124 (OWASP Enterprise Security API)
- Ext JS 3.1.0 (JS library which underlies various UI tags)
- Hibernate 5.2.11 (ORM library)
- Httpclient 4.5.9 (underlies CFHTTP and more)
- Java 11.0.1 (the JVM which underlies all of CF)
- JDBC Drivers 5.1 (the built-in Progress DB drivers, such as for SQL Server, Oracle, and even MySQL. CF no longer includes the MySQL-provided driver, but you can add it yourself)
- Jedis 2.9.0 (underlies Redis caching)
- Jetty 9.4.31 (underlies Solr, HTMLTOPDF, and more)
- jQuery 3.1.1 and jQuery UI 1.12.1 (JS library which underlies various UI tags and Admin interface features)
- Lucene 6.6.1 (underlies Solr, the embedded search engine in CF)
- POI 4.1.2 (underlies MS Office Integration features)
- PostgreSQL 42.2.14 (db driver)
- Quartz 2.2.1 (underlies CF Schedule tasks)
- Solr 5.2.1 (the embedded search engine, used by CFSEARCH/CFINDEX/CFCOLLECTION, etc.)
- Tomcat 9.0.37 (the application server which underlies CF, when deployed in traditional “Server” configuration)
- Zingcharts 2.8.4 (underlies cfchart)
Is there a library you feel I missed which should be listed? Or do you have a question related to the list, or a concern that some particular library is “out of date”? Please see first my other post, with the additional detail. And if your question remains unanswered, then ask it there or here, as you see fit.
Finally though, as I note in that other post, if you merely want to point out or make the case to Adobe that they ought to update some particular library, this is really not the best place to do that. It would be better to file a bug report (at tracker.adobe.com). If you then want to offer a link to that as a comment here, that would be fine. The point is that then those interested in that particular library and its version can observe the conversation about it there, rather than have this become a dumping ground of debate on such particulars.
The goal of this post is more to be a tracking of the versions rather than a discussion of those versions.