In Coldfusion Builder (my version is 3.2), there is a built-in option for a “Dark” theme. I happen to prefer “Dark-Mode” themes, especially on my laptop and phones for battery savings and I find it easier on my eyes.
The dark theme can be applied using the following eight-step sequence:
1. Window (from-File-menu) – Choose
2. Preferences (option-at-the-bottom) -Choose
3. General (tree-item) – Choose
4. Appearance ( sub-tree-item) – Choose
5. Enable theme (option) – Enable
6. Theme: (option) – Select “Dark”
7. Apply, or Apply-And-Close (Button) – Press
8. Re-start Builder
Another good option is to download and install the “MoonRise UI” theme and follow the install intructions or fine-tune as described on their install page.
In my case, I created “Plugins” sub-folder under “Dropins” sub-folder (of Builder) where I placed the jar file “com.github.eclipseuitheme.moonrise_0.8.9.jar” and re-started the Builder.
This provided the “moonrise” and moonrise (standalone) option under the theme option as per the steps above.
I will post the link for the moonrise install if requested.