We are pleased to announce that we have released the updates for the following ColdFusion versions:
If you are updating the 2016 and 2018 releases of ColdFusion to updates 12 and 5 respectively via the ColdFusion Administrator, ensure that Update 4 of ColdFusion (2018 release) and Update 11 of ColdFusion (2016 release) are installed.
These are mandatory pre-requisites before updating.
The following are links to the tech notes for each update:
The releases address security vulnerabilities, which are documented in the bulletin APSB19-47.
The following are the highlights of these updates. For more information, we recommend you to see the tech notes.
- Language enhancements – New Query, Array, and Struct functions, and other changes.
- Arrow functions – Write functions using the Arrow operator.
- Regex – Use Java as Regex engines for your regular expressions.
- ColdFusion Administrator – Server and application setting, useJavaAsRegexEngine.
- Server Auto-Lockdown – There is a new installer for Solaris OS.
- Application server support – Updated versions of WildFly and Tomcat are supported.
- OEM upgrades – Updated versions of JDK, ZingChart, MySQL, etc. are supported.
- OS support – Updated versions of RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS are supported.
Also, for the security fixes to take effect, we recommend users to be on the latest JDK/update level.
For a list of the bugs fixed in these updates, see the following:
Please update your ColdFusion versions today. Let us know if you face any issues while installing the updates. Your feedback is essential to further enhancing the product.
We thank you for your continuing support.