Today, we’re very excited to announce the 2018 release of Adobe ColdFusion. This release builds on Adobe’s industry-leading solution for creating and deploying scalable, high-performing web applications in CFML. Now in ColdFusion, we’ve added an all-new Performance Monitoring Toolset, a standalone server with low overhead to control and optimize applications and a new auto lockdown installer to help increase security in the Production Server. In addition, web developers can now boost the performance of their applications by taking advantage of Asynchronous programming and various other language enhancements. And, upgrading to the 2018 release immediately allows applications to run 30 percent faster.
“The enormous digital transformation that we are witnessing around us has made it an absolute necessity for organizations to quickly adapt to changing market developments,” said Tridib Roy Chowdhury, senior director of products, Print and Publishing, Adobe. “A secure platform, that is not only productive but also one that performs and scales well under variable demands, will lie at the heart of digital transformations happening in all organizations. The new features of Adobe ColdFusion platform provide our users, the much-needed tools and capabilities to handle the pace and scale of such a transformation”
“Market America|SHOP.COM generates $800 million in revenue annually and applications we’ve built with Adobe ColdFusion help drive that revenue,” said Kent Shelton, Senior Director of Architecture and Engineering, Market America|SHOP.COM. “Upgrading to the latest version of Adobe ColdFusion will allow us to continue optimizing revenue-generating applications for speed, high availability, and responsive design for any device.”
New ColdFusion updates include:
- Performance Monitoring Toolset: ColdFusion users can now assess the health of the system with the all-new Performance Monitoring Toolset. Flag performance issues and isolate problem areas so that you can initiate corrective action much faster. Know the average response time and throughput across the cluster or specific to a node, application, or page, in real time. Swiftly identify and resolve complex performance issues buried deep in your code. Get the detailed information required to pinpoint the root cause of bottlenecks, and troubleshoot applications more effectively.
- Asynchronous programming: ColdFusion now makes it simple to make an Asynchronous call without the overhead of managing multiple threads. Boost the performance of your principal application by offloading resource-intensive code segments to a secondary thread.
- REST Playground: Developers can now create and manage all their REST services from a single application. The simple, intuitive UI makes it a breeze to validate the accuracy of APIs. Make changes to the REST APIs without having to restart the application.
- Server Auto Lockdown: ColdFusion System Administrators could more easily make their servers Production ready by running the auto lockdown installer. This helps implement the lockdown of production servers with a single click. All steps in the lockdown guide will be systematically followed, helping to improve security and help gain compliance.
- API Management Platform: ColdFusion Enterprise users can use the new support for data transformation and threat protection to change the behavior of their APIs. It also supports Multitenancy which would aid to maximize resource sharing among tenants even while providing an isolated view for each.
- Product page: http://www.adobe.com/coldfusion
- Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/adobecoldfusion
- Community Portal: https://coldfusion.adobe.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdobeColdFusion
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/coldfusion
Pricing and Availability
The latest version of Adobe ColdFusion is immediately available worldwide. Full license pricing ranges from US$2,499 for ColdFusion Standard Edition to US$9,499 for ColdFusion Enterprise Edition. ColdFusion Builder is priced at US$299 and upgrade pricing is available on all editions.