Charlie Arehart talks about “More you missed from Adobe ColdFusion 10, 11, And 2016” in this episode of the CF Alive Podcast, with host Michaela Light.
Are you moving up to CF2016, or maybe 11? In doing so, are you skipping over 11, or perhaps even 10, in that move?
Shops often drag their feet upgrading from one version of CF to another and may well skip multiple releases in the process, so that they may not have paid attention to what was new in the release(s) skipped. Can you name the top 5 or 10 features/changes in these three most recent releases?
In this presentation, veteran CFer Charlie Arehart will help fill these gaps for you, highlighting the top features of 10, 11, and 2016, along with some hidden gems. (Whereas his classic “hidden gems” talks have gone deep to uncover a few dozen features per release, this talk will necessarily focus on just some key ones.) With demos and resources for learning more, you’ll be in a better position to take full advantage of your new CF installation.
- What are the top features CFers may have missed
- Isn’t CF10 end of life?
- Yes but lots of people still running it (or CF9) ← security risk!
- State of CF Union Survey
- With CF 2018 about to come out why should CFers care about these “old” features?
- JVM changes – in CF 10 and forward
- JRUN → Tomcat
- Cloud deployment shifts
- The Elvis operator
- 100% cfscript is possible as of CF 11
- No day zero security issues for 4+ years
- CF Summit East
- Dual track
- 10 speakers
- Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
- 999 Ninth Street NW
- CF conferences in DC
- Allaire DevCon 2000
- 20th anniversary of first CF conf in FT Collins CO Robi Sen
- CFUN in NIH
Originally published at teratech.com on April 2, 2018.