CF Summit 2017- Preconference almost sold out!
There are only a few seats available for our preconference workshops on Developing an Enterprise API Strategy, Hands on CFML Security Workshop and Migrating Legacy Applications Into an MVC Framework, so we will be closing registration very soon due to capacity limitations. Please register today if you haven’t yet!
All the three workshops are full day BYOD hands on labs and would be a great learning opportunity. Below is a summary of the workshops:
Developing an Enterprise API Strategy with Adobe ColdFusion API Manager & Deploying them in Amazon Web Services (AWS
In this session, attendees will learn how to:
- Integrate ColdFusion and API Manager to create and publish ColdFusion REST services for consumption by any service or application as ColdFusion API-Manager Publisher
- Subscribe and consume application data via REST services as API-Manager Subscriber
- Enforce data transformation and threat protection policies as API-Manager Administrator discover ColdFusion REST services from API Manager
- Deploy existing and new ColdFusion licenses using Amazon EC2
- Configure a secure and reliable Amazon Virtual Private Cloud across multiple data centers
- Create an auto-scaling configuration within AWS using EC2, Elastic Beanstalk and Elastic Load Balancer
- Follow standard DevOps processes to deploy code from local development to production with minimal direct interaction with servers
Hands on CFML Security Workshop
Bring your laptop and get your hands dirty learning how to find and fix security vulnerabilities in your ColdFusion codebases. In this full day session you will learn about several different classes of web application security vulnerabilities and how they pertain to CFML.
Using a vulnerable CFML web application prebuilt for training, you will learn what red flags to look for in your code. Next you will see first hand how attackers may exploit the vulnerabilities. Finally you’ll learn techniques for improving the security of your CFML code.
Migrating Legacy Applications Into an MVC Framework
Come to this workshop and learn:
- What the MVC design pattern is and what problems it solves
- How the FW/1 and ColdBox frameworks use a convention-based approach to bring consistent structure to an application
- What Dependency Injection (DI) is, how it simplifies the “model” portion of applications, and how they are used in FW/1 and ColdBox
- How to refactor real-world procedural code into MVC-style code
Hands-on portion of the workshop will:
- Analyze and deconstruct a simple procedural application to see what code belongs in the model, the view, and how the controller ties the two together.
- Move the code into the appropriate MVC layers and test it.
- Discuss strategies for migrating large applications in phases.
- Use CommandBox and Git to spin up on-demand instances of ColdFusion and manage our code.
Register Now at https://cfsummit.adobeevents.com/registration/.