How to install ColdFusion updates manually
Sometimes, CF administrator UI update installation could fail due to permissions, lockdown guide, network restrictions etc.
You can follow below instructions to apply updates manually.
- Navigate to https://www.adobe.com/go/coldfusion-updates (use Google chrome to view xml in the browser)
- Look for required update under <cfhf_downloadlink> tag. It would be listed as https://cfdownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/coldfusion/20XX/updates/hotfix-00X-XXXXX.jar
- Download the hotfix-0XX-XXXXX.jar and place it under ColdFusion20XX/jre/bin
- Open the command prompt as administrator and navigate to ColdFusion20XX/jre/bin
- Run the below command:
Java -jar hotfix-0XX-XXXXX.jar
- Follow the onscreen instructions to apply the update.