Organizations today are unlocking the value of their data, IP and services by sharing the same with their ecosystem(customers, internal teams, partners, vendors, suppliers etc.) at a furious pace– often over the mobile networks. With Raijin we now add the capability to not just build and share REST/SOAP services easily we will now allow you to manage, monitor, regulate and secure these services easily.
Our research shows, once a API is written, the next questions, that a company or organization has to answer before making the API production ready are:
1. Who do I give access to APIs?
2. How do I control the access to these APIs? For instance how do I restrict the usage of certain APIs to a selected few? Even within an API how do I provide granular control over the methods available in an API?
3. How do I let developers wanting to use my APIs understand the APIs that I have exposed and test them out before writing applications to consume these APIs?
4. How do I monetize the APIs by creating various access plans and associating end developers to a particular plan based on their subscription?
5. How do I track the usage of APIs so that I align backend to the demand and also gain insights to how my end developers are using the APIs?
6. How do I track and manage various versions of the APIs I create?
7. How do I transform my legacy APIs into newer RESTful services with all the best practices associated while still maintaining the usage of the legacy API?
With Raijin, we are introducing an API manager that can accomplish all of the above and more.
If you are interested in trying out the API manager with the REST or SOAP based APIs that you have, then please reach out to us at CFPrerelease@adobe.com so that we can add you the pre-release for API manager component in Raijin.
We look forward to your participation.